Friday, March 14, 2014

The Detox Series - Baked Eggs with Spinach

Continuing with my efforts to eat healthy today my breakfast was Baked Eggs with Spinach. A very simple recipe that I found in a book gifted to me by my mum recently. Eggs are anyways a favourite with the boys and adding a dash of spinach only made it so much healthier. I figured that one can do a lot of variation in this dish by adding mushrooms, sausages etc but since I am in a mood for detox I kept it simple.Just a tip I would mention here - the egg in this dish would ideally be cooked till the yolks are still soft in the centre. But I am not too fond of runny yolks so I baked it a tad bit longer than required.


Ingredients:

Eggs - 2 nos

Spinach - a handful - washed and chopped roughly

Low fat cream - 1/4 th cup - I used Amul cream

Olive oil - 1 tsp

Salt - to taste

Pepper - to taste - freshly crushed

Parmesan cheese - 1 tbsp. grated

Method:

In a pan heat the olive oil. Saute the spinach lightly and season with salt and pepper.


Remove the spinach from heat and spread out on a baking dish. Break open the 2 eggs on top of the spinach.


Pour the cream over the eggs. Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle the grated Parmesan on top. Bake in a preheated oven for 10 mins at 180 deg C.


Enjoy with multi grain toast or just like that!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment