Friday, May 2, 2014

Cupcakes with Strawberry and Cream Cheese

Few days ago while I was still very enthusiastic about whipping up a storm in my kitchen I had made some gorgeous Cupcakes topped with Strawberry and Cream Cheese. I carried those beauties to my friends place for dinner and they had nice things to say about it and me too!
Today while going through my folders I discovered the pictures and decided that I should blog about it. The recipe of the cupcake was shared by my dear friend K of Silence Sings and I am going to follow it for good now. By now many of you know that I lack the patience of a baker and hence do not venture much into that territory.But then again once in a while I do push myself or my friends push me a little and I end up baking a few goodies.



Ingredients:

Flour - 1 cup

Sugar - 1 cup - powdered

Butter - 100 gms - I used Amul

Eggs - 2 nos

Vanilla essence - 1 tsp

Baking powder - 1 tsp

Milk - half cup - room temperature

For the frosting:

Strawberries - half a cup - sliced

Cream cheese - half a pack - I used Philadelphia

Powdered sugar - 2 tbsp.

Method:

Before you start make sure all the ingredients are in room temperature.

In a bowl cream together the butter and sugar till light and fluffy. Add the eggs , one at a time and mix well.

Add the vanilla essence next and mix again.

Sift the flour along with the baking powder and fold it in into the sugar/butter/egg mixture.

Gently add the milk and fold in everything together.

Preheat oven to 180 deg C. Pour the mixture into prepared cupcake mould and bake for 20 mins.

 
Now for the frosting - mix together the cream cheese and the powdered sugar and beat it into a creamy smooth mixture.

Once the cupcakes have cooled down - top each cupcake with a spoonful of the cream cheese mix. Decorate with strawberry slices and sugar sprinkles.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment