Friday, November 1, 2013

Know your Kolkata Food Blogger - Pineapple Upside Down Cake - The best I have ever made!

I am late for the event this time around and HOW. To be very honest I do not even have a good excuse for being so lazy..yes that's what I have been ever since I got back from the puja holidays. Coming back from Maa's house always does that to me. The home sickness ( even though I have been out of the house for almost 17 years now) just kills my enthusiasm to anything. So I would like to start this post by apologising for this delay.

Now coming to this week's featured blogger - it's Sarani Tarafdar of Cocoawind . She's a beautiful woman - both inside and out. She wears many hats - of a mother, a professor and a great photographer. I met her through the Kolkata Food Bloggers and we became great friends.She is a very responsible and sensible human being. She started her blog while living in the US and it has a treasure of some great pictures. She has currently shot a documentary professionally. Cocoawind has some super easy recipes that can be tried by everyone. Sarani has recently moved back to America and is being missed a lot here.

For today's post I chose her Pineapple Upside Down Cake that I have been wanting to bake for a while and was hunting for an easy recipe. I followed her recipe to the T and it turned out perfect.




Ingredients:


Flour - 2/3 Cups plus some for flouring the pan

Butter - unsalted - 100gms plus some for greasin (at room temperature) 

Sugar - 1/2 Cup Castor Sugar 

Baking Powder - 1 tsp

Baking Soda - 1/4 tsp

6 rings of pineapple (reserve the liquid)

3 tbs of the reserved liquid

Eggs - 2 at room temperature

Karamcha/ cherries - 9-10 

Method:


Preheat convection oven to 200C. Grease a baking pan (I used a square one) with butter. 

Dust the pan with about a teaspoon of flour - shake off the excess. Sprinkle one and a half tablespoon of sugar on bottom of the pan. Line the pineapple rings - I made 2 rows with 3 rings each and adorned the rings with cherries/karamcha.

In a bowl, mix all the dry ingredients. Beat the eggs and the butte together in a separate bowl. Mix the dry and wet ingredients together and using an electric mixer or a fork till the batter turns smooth. Add 3 tbs of the reserved syrup.


Pour the batter over the pineapple rings - it will just cover the rings - and bake for 20-25 minutes till the crust turns nice golden brown.




Do visit her blog for some cool recipe. This one that I tried came out too good and has to be one of the best cakes I have managed to bake .

No comments:

Post a Comment