Thursday, January 24, 2013

Yum treats - Prawns in lemon butter sauce

Prawns are ever so popular in our household. Husband loves it in any which way I cook it.Todays recipe is super easy and so tasty to say the least. Just a few simple ingredients and a yummy dish ready to be served.The trick however is never to overcook prawns. While cooking it in indian recipes we do tend to overcook them but not in this one.I have here used medium sized fresh prawns and as it is living in Kolkata there is never the dearth of fresh prawns!





Ingredients:

Fresh prawns - 10-12 nos medium sized, shelled and deveined

Butter - 2 tbsp

Olive oil - 1 tbsp

Garlic - 4 pods - finely sliced

Red chillies - 2 nos - finely sliced

Lemon juice - juice of one lime

Salt - to taste

Pepper - to taste

Spring onion - chopped for garnish

Method:

Clean the prawns and marinate with salt and pepper. Keep aside for 5 mins.

In a pan add the butter and olive oil. Its important to add the oil so that it prevents the butter from burning.

Next tip in the sliced garlic and chillies.Fry till light brown in colour.

Add the marinated prawns. ( keep the heat low of your burner)

Fry on both sides for 2-3 mins or till the prawns turn opaque in color.

Add the lime juice and remove from heat.

Garnish with chopped onions.



It has been my attempt to share with everyone easy recipes that dont require too much preparation and can be made on an everyday basis. This is one of them..hope you try this and let me know.








1 comment:

  1. Oh I am a big fan of prawns...but I always make them spicy, coz I'm from Kerala! I will definately try this for sure! I've posted a prawns roast recipe on my site, do chk it out and let me know ure thoughts!

    Neets
    neetustastytreats.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete