Sunday, June 30, 2013

Easiest Dessert Ever - Fruit Trifle with Vanilla Custard

Even I am baffled to have made such an easy dessert which tasted so yummy for my friends who were dropping by over the weekend. I focused on the drinks and starters and totally forgot that I need to make something sweet too. As my mother-in -law often says that dessert is the most important part of any meal!  I searched my stores cupboard and found a tin of fruit cocktail. Thus a brilliant idea struck me..why not make a fruit trifle.Aah... so many memories of Maa making tutty-frutty for us as kids. And every time we went to a restaurant for dinners we (me and my sis) always wanted that.  But a trifle needs cake crumbs and I had none..not even store bought cakes..those Britannia ones. Thanks to google I found a recipe to make chocolate muffins in 2 mins in the micro. Now there was no stopping me.Let me also share with you the muffin recipe ...trust me its so handy.




First am noting the easy choco muffin recipe and then we move on to the trifle which actually has no cooking except for the custard ..its just an assembly job.


For the muffins:

Plain flour - 1 and 1/2  cup

Castor sugar - 1 cup

Cocoa powder - 1/2 cup

Baking powder - 1 tsp

Oil / butter - 3 tbsp.

Cream - 3/4th cup ( I used Amul cream )

Curd - 3/4th cup

Method:

In a bowl mix all the dry ingredients and mix well.

In another bowl mix all the wet ingredients.

Now add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture gradually mixing well with a spoon.

Put a spoonful of this mix into muffin moulds ( microwave safe) and bake for 2 mins at high power.

They will be ready. Surprised?? Even I was!My little boy ate up a few muffins just like that!

For the trifle:

Fruit cocktail - 1 small tin ( easily available in the supermarkets . I always have in a tin in stock)

Vanilla custard - 2 cups ( prepare the custard acc to the instruction given on the pack)

Cherries - for garnish

Assembling:

Its best to serve these in individual glasses or cocktail bowls but you could make it in a glass dish(those borosil ones) as well.



First make a layer of the chocolate muffins crumbled in the glasses.

Next put in the fruit mixture along with a little of the syrup in which the fruits are soaked.

Then again a layer of the cake crumbs.

Lastly pour in a few spoon fulls of the custard and garnish with cherries.




Chill for an hour and serve!








No comments:

Post a Comment